5 Ways To Protect Yourself From Real Estate Fraud
Here are five ways to protect yourself from real-estate fraud:
1. Sign up for automatic notifications to be alerted when and if an unknown document is filed against your property.
2. If monthly electricity, water and other utility statements are delayed or missing, double check that the bills are addressed to the right person and address.
3. Participate in neighborhood watchdog organizations to be connected to local officials who can help if and when an incident occurs.
4. Contact your local District Attorney’s office if an incident of potential fraud has already occurred.
5. Sign up for identity theft monitoring.